Although the WCRP provides a number of training topics and opportunities to its members, it simply can't provide all the important, specialized and relevant training pertinent to risk management for our members. To make available access to quality training, the WCRP Board of Directors has authorized a SCHOLARSHIP FUND. Please click to review Scholarship Criteria. Scholarship funds are used to pay for training. Training might include class books, online training, registration for training classes, etc. Travel, meals and accommodations are generally the county's responsibility.
Members can take advantage of this program two ways:
- Pre-arranged offers listed on our website, or
- By applying for a specialized training opportunity identified on your own.
Check out our pre-arranged offers below or scroll down to access the scholarship application.
PRE-ARRANGED SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS
Educational opportunities listed below will not require a scholarship application, however. They do still require involvement from the designated county Risk Manager. Click the titles below to learn more about each offer and how to take advantage!
- PAW – Design Thinking in Planning | January 28, 2022
- MRSC – Procurement Series Part 1: Materials, Supplies, and Equipment | February 9, 2022
- MRSC – Process Matters: Rethinking Public Engagement in Polarized Times | February 24, 2022
- MRSC – The OPMA – Latest Issues and Case Law Updates | February 17, 2022
- Combat First Aid Training for Law Enforcement | 3 dates to choose from
- PTG – Assessing Courthouse Threats | April 5 & 6, 2022
- PTG – Detect, Deter, Defeat | April 7 & 8, 2022
- PRIMA Annual Conference | June 5-8, 2022
- PTG – Developing & Managing a Field Training Program | October 12-14, 2022
- NTOA Command College - Module 1 Tactical Leadership
- Summit Law Group - Annual Subscription Discounts for Employment Law Webinars
- Summit Law Group - PFML Webinar & Template Policy
Did you identify a risk management related training opportunity you're interested in that is not already listed on our website? Apply for scholarship funds today!
- Complete the WCRP Scholarship Application
- Obtain course description, date, cost of enrollment, and location details
- Send the application and supporting documentation to your county Risk Manager
- The county Risk Manager submits the application to MemberServices@wcrp.wa.gov
- The application and materials will be reviewed within 14 business days
- WCRP will correspond with the county Risk Manager, to include questions and the final decision
Questions? Please contact us by emailing MemberServices@wcrp.wa.gov.
< Back to Member Programs